Addiction, Recovery and Trauma Focus (CEU program 35 Hours) Yoga is a wonderful practice for people who are recovering from an addictions and traumas. Abusing alcohol and drugs always means that people lose touch with their bodies, minds and the connection to spirit. By practicing these techniques, they can once again become comfortable in their own skin. The practice can help these individuals cope with life more easily, see with clarity and live in light. In 12 Step programs, they say that addiction is a threefold disease. It is viewed as mental, physical, and spiritual in nature. Yoga is a unique practice because it is able to benefit the individual in all these areas. All addictions are based on traumas and weave all three focuses into our learnings. See below and THIS PAGE for more information. Spring 2018 we will announce our upcoming program. Contact the Director, Sandy at this email if you would like to be notified.
This module will focus on the following (may not be inclusive)
- Knowledge to offer successful outreach programs or weaving into a general public class or private session
- Roots of disconnect and the manifestation of obstacles
- Tools for our own unpacking and awakening to our self by removing obstacles through yoga
- Genetic? Epigentic? Learned?
- Feeling patterns: Carried and Gifted
- What the brain tells us of addiction and trauma – the aid of yoga science
- Holding safe yoga space for trauma-sensitive students, those in addiction recovery and battlers of co-dependency
- What is behind the symptoms of dis-ease
- Preparing the vessel for sail from dis-ease
- Samskaras- birth of; neuro-biology of and the changing of.
- Recognizing traps and creating boundaries
- Themed postural practices, pranayama practices and meditation practices
- Roots of transformation from disease
- Manifestation of dis-ease in our tissues /Somatic experiencing through postures
- Riding the emotional waves of struggle
- Re-aligning the yogic bodies
- Meeting students where they are
A special interest in Addiction, Recovery or Trauma A desire to dive deep into the authentic wisdom of Yoga for our own growth The ability to spend time studying and for your own life practice of Yoga If desiring a Hatha Yoga (Hatha Yoga is ANY movement yoga) teaching certificate from Yoga Alliance, you will need to have a past and current Hatha practice.