Candlelight Restorative Yoga
Calm the mind and body with this soothing Restorative Yoga class. Restorative yoga poses require no muscular exertion. Easy floor postures are held long enough for the sympathetic nervous system to lower resulting in deep rest. Supported by props – blankets, bolsters, and bolsters and blankets and bolsters! Students leave feeling nourished, well rested and refreshed; with a new cultivated awareness and clarity. Sandy will incorporate Guided Meditation, aromatherapy , gentle grounding touch as well as a few surprises. No yoga or meditation experience is needed.
Past students of our Restorative Yoga sessions experience:
- Peace of mind
- Deeper connection to self
- Clarity in thought and action
- Over all wellness and reduction in pains.
- Improved health and comfort in body
Each posture provides a floating affect and carefully placed positioning of the bodes enhances receptors within that assist in your experience. How is this different than Yin Yoga? Yin Yoga provides deep stretching, Restorative Yoga, nothing is stretching…you receive more by doing less.
Upcoming Restorative Yoga Classes
Enjoy over 2 hours of bliss with Teresa Keyes, Asha, Jessica Goodwin or Sandy Hicks in Bloomfield Studio. $35. We limit bodies! Fills fast.
- Sunday, March 10, 7pm w/ Teresa (Full)
- Sunday, April 28, 4pm w/ Sandy
- Note: April 10th @3pm is Yin and Restorative, check this out here.
- May: Sunday 4-6:15pm Date TBD
- June: Saturday June 1, 4-6:15 p.m w/ Teresa
- June 6th 6-8pm w/ Sandy Special Yin and Restorative Class $25 drop in or pre-register at $18.
- July: July 15th 7-9:15pm w/ Sandy
- August: August 26th 7-9:15pm w/ Sandy
- Sept: Sept 25th 3-5pm w/Sandy (Full)
- October: Oct 16 2:45- 4:55pm w/Sandy (2 left)
- November 20th 2:45 – 5:00pm w/ Asha
- December 8th: 2-4pm w/ Teresa
- January 1st: 2-4pm w/Teresa
- January 26th, 3-5:15pm w/ Jessica
- February 23, 3-5:15pm w/ Jessica
Pricing is $35 ($40 in 2020 – book ahead and save $5)
Register from our Live Booking Calendar (if Class is “missing” from the live calendar OR if it says Wait List – class is full). Long sleeves, pants and socks required ~ Bring your own favorite blanky if you like! But no mat needed. ~ This class is a deeply calming experience. If you can, arrange for a drop off and pick up of your deeply relaxed spirit and body.
Sandy Hicks is twice certified in Restorative Yoga thought Dipki (Judith Lasater’s 40 hour program) and Mazalya 60 hour advanced one on one session).
Over 45 years experience in meditation/yogic practices.
Teresa Keyes is a Certified Restorative Yoga Teacher through Grounded by Yoga.
Asha Sukha is a Certified Restorative Yoga Teacher through Grounded by Yoga.
Jessica is a Certified Restorative Yoga Teacher through Grounded by Yoga.