Healing Through Stillness
Restorative Yoga Trainings are offered as a semi-private, private, or in our public enrollment. For Private/Semi-private, mutually agreed upon dates and times is established once an application is received.(Note: Semi Private and Private sessions create an elevated tuition.) These programs are open to all, not just yoga practitioners. Restorative Yoga Teacher Trainings may be used to explore in your own field; perhaps offer to your staff at work, or to your friends and loved ones or simply a wonderful tool for yourself and your family. Students will receive a CEU Yoga Alliance certificate (fee is included in application fee) upon completion of the program after submission of assignments. This certificate can be used towards continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance for Yoga Teachers. An immersion by its very nature is designed to be intensive, and practicum completion is due 45 days after end of training. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to create, guide and practice a customized Restorative Yoga practice for themselves and others. YOGA ALLIANCE CEU’s – 25
(Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Restorative Training” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”)
- Saturday, Sept 21st, 2019 @ 12:45-8:45pm
- Saturday, Sept 28th 2019 @ 12:45-8:45pm
- Thursday, Nov 14th 2019 @ 6:00-8:00pm (optional Satsang/Roundtable)
Sandy Hicks, RYS, Restorative Yoga Certified 100 Hours
- 40 Hours Judith Lasater program with Dipki facilitating 2008
- 60 Hours Advanced one on one with Mazayla 2008
Sandy has developed a highly effective and healing program by combining the most effective tools from each of her own trainings as well as student feedback. She has taught over 150 Restorative Yoga Classes, both privately and publicly. The first 15 were offered pro bono as she gathered even deeper information and tools by openly discussing with each student their experience. Sandy felt that it was and still is important to continue to teach public/private classes to continue to gather the wave of each universal body, mind and spirit and continue to incorporate into her Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Program. “My understanding goes beyond any words or books and is felt in every cell of my being. My offering comes from aplace of wakefulness meditative state now. “ ~ Saraja (Sandy)
This session includes:
- Teaching Practicum, Feedback Processing, Testing (Written and Practicum)
- Learning what Restorative Yoga is
- Learning what Restorative Yoga is Not
- Utilizing a wide Range of Props
- Observing the body and making skillful propping decisions
- Creating Proper Sequencing for Special Needs
- Contraindications, Special Concerns
- Appropriate Grounding Touch
- Creating a Sacred Space
- Proper Positioning in Each Pose
- Anatomy as it pertains to Restorative Yoga
Note: Assignments will be given 45 days to complete. Written assignment submissions become property of Grounded by Yoga, reviewed and constructively discussed as needed.
Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Restorative Training” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
- I am completely moved by the compassion and knowledge you showed in the Restorative Yoga training. I feel completely ready to deliver this offering and am thankful for you Sandy! You are Amazing!! ~ Janelle
- I can’t say enough about the past weekend. I never wanted to leave! I look forward to doing more trainings with you Sandy, you have such insight and wisdom that is going to go a long way with me. ~ Michelle
A desire to share stillness and nurturing to others. We welcome all – new and experienced yoga teachers as well as health professionals, including doctors, nurses, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental-health professionals, counselors, body workers, mind-body fitness instructors, health coaches, and others working in healing, helping, and teaching professions. A meditation practice will strongly enhance you experience. Note: Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Restorative Training” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
Practicum is also required and although you do not need to bring any props to our training, you will need props for your practicum and to teach restorative yoga in your future.
- Tuition: $620 (25 CEU’s)
- Application fee: $95 includes Yoga Alliance CEU Certificate Fee & and Workbook.
- Former 200RYT/500RYT Alumni receive 10% off within 2 years of their graduation.
- Non RYT’s will be provided with a “Restorative Training” certificate. RYT’s need to supply their Yoga Alliance number and will be provided a CEU certificate “Restorative Yoga Training”
You are welcome to use GBY’s large supply of props during this program. However, for your practicum, please know that you will need to have your own double set. Sandy can assist with best places to obtain props. She also has a wholesale for life status with a supplier.
This training is limited to 8 students. Application and Payment
- You may submit online or mail to: Grounded By Yoga 8901 Belcher Rd. Bloomfield, NY 14469
- Refund Policy: Eligible refunds have a $85 admin fee. No refunds within 30 days of program start or after 30 days of payment.
- Make Up Policy: Due to the shortness of the program and that it is an immersion, no make-up sessions can be allowed. If you miss any part of the program, or deadline for practicum is not met, student will need to re-apply. (It is also crucial to the program that we have even number of beings…..so we need you! Finding space, time and readiness in our lives is key before restoring others.)