You are about to understand for yourself why so many beginners walk out of yoga or a meditation class peaceful and full of light! No Experience Necessary…..Just a Beginner’s Mind and Heart! We suggest you look through some of the testimonials our students have submitted Our Yoga is for every body. It is non-competitive; thereby everyone practices at his or her own pace. Your guides are particularly aware of the individual needs and abilities of each student. Yoga is a process, not a goal. You will be in a compassionate private environment filled with support and other students that are beginner’s too! We are practicing to wake up to our own beauty and capacities and also to the beauty around us. All we need to do is to come back to our breathing and body in the present moment and then we are wide awake to experience what is happening inside us and around us. Our intention in the Beginner Yoga Series is to develop a lifelong living and love of yoga. It’s never ever too late. What We Will Learn:
- We will explore basic postures to create new space in the body
- We will apply breathing techniques (pranayama) to bring calm and enhance the opening of the body and mind.
- We will learn yogic terminology.
- We will discover meditation practices to quiet the chatter of your mind, release stress
- We will gain insight into the principles of yoga philosophy.
- Each week we will explore a new dimension of the practice.
- We will enjoy yogic body alignment to arrive safely
- Together, details, and special needs will be addressed
- Use of props are a great tool to help your body explore by aiding in softening and/or deepening a pose
Your questions are encouraged and serve to help others in the class gain a deeper understanding, so please don’t be afraid to ask. Upon your graduation, you may discuss with your instructor which class Is best for you in taking the next step. This will very depending on what you desire to receive from yoga.
Important: It takes the mind and body 8-10 sessions before it starts to create new mental shreyas (impressions) and new muscle memory (flexibility). You should have a practice of at least one full class per week. More practice in the beginning can help accelerate your program After about 6 months to a year – you can lessen your practice and receive the same results.
Beginner Yoga Workshop Options
- Saturdays:Begins October 20th, Noon-1pm. Beginners 10 Week comprehensive program. Open to new students only (limited space in our Beginners Programs). Early Yogi Price: $85 until Oct 1 (includes a $15 credit) After Oct 1, $105 (includes $15 credit coupon)
- Mondays:Begins November 12th. 7-8pm. Yoga and Meditation 8 Week Series. Open to new students only (limited space in our Beginners Programs). Early Yogi Price: $70 until Nov 5th After $85 (both include $15 credit coupon)
- Saturdays:Begins December 1st. 2:15-3:30p. Yoga and Meditation 8 Week Series. Open to new students only (limited space in our Beginners Programs). Early Yogi Price: $70 until Nov 25th After $85 (both include $15 credit coupon)
- Sundays:Begins November 11th. 2:30-3:30p. Yoga and Meditation 8 Week Series. Open to new students only (limited space in our Beginners Programs). Early Yogi Price: $70 until Nov 5th After $85 (both include $15 credit coupon)
Missed the series’ above? Email or Call us for other options or see our Class Levels and join in anytime.
Mail your check to: Grounded by Yoga, LCC 1 Wellness Way Bloomfield, NY 14469
Register online from our Booking Page.
Find the class you want to enroll in and click to complete the enrollment process. . If space allows, you may walk-in and pay 20 mins prior to class.
Frequently Asked Questions
No problem. We have ways to assist you in getting started right away. Please complete this brief form and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Modern day yoga was created for that exact reason – to heal the physical body! Let your instructor know on your intake form.
Please arrive 15 minutes early. As you enter the check in area, you will see a clip board with in intake form for those new to us. Your instructor will review and discuss any special needs or concerns you may have.
Clothes: Wear comfortable, stretchy clothing that is not too loose. It should allow a full range of movement including twisting and bending. Our studios are equipped with changing rooms. Need to change from your work clothes? No problem! Bring: Your yoga mat and an open mind! We have $2 mat rentals to use and all other yoga props for your convenience. If you rent a mat, simply leave unrolled by the exit door of the main studio space. Leave behind: Your backpack of worries! You are in a safe and warm space. Also, avoid strong perfume, jewelry, and eating for at least 2 hours before class if you can. Caffeine is best avoided for 3 hours or more.
Footwear: Yoga is practiced in bare feet. Shoes are not allowed on the practice floor. We can discuss alternative options if you have any concerns being barefooted. No worries. Electronic devices: Please turn off your cell phone or leave in your vehicle. Once you enter the building, no phones or electronics are allowed in operating mode. Should you have an emergency phone call you are in need of receiving, let us know! Arriving late? Need to leave early?: We understand busy schedules, wintery roads and other things that may get in your way. Simply walk in quietly and unroll your mat SOFTLY…..your instructor will get any needed props for you….nestle in and join in! If you need to depart from class early, let your instructor know and he/she will watch the time for you and quietly let you know when that time has arrived. It’s your practice: At any time during your session you may choose to lie down (savasana pose) or any pose you desire. Listen to what your body is telling you.
Clean: If you rented a mat from the studio, simply lay it open by the studio exit (where the mat rack is). If you used props, neatly return them. Take your belongings: Leave peacefully, this is the time where the class can manifest the deepest and honor those around you. Don’t forget your mat, water bottle, and clothes! Many classes run back to back…if you have a quick question for the instructor, we love questions. If you would like to schedule a mini private or consultation, we provide that as well.
The first place to start is class descriptions. Read these to find classes that appeal to you. Then look at class schedules to see when the classes are available. Each class has a link to the teacher. You can read the teacher’s bio to understand their training and style. If you need advice or have questions, please feel free to visit this page that will describe the different “physical levels”.
Yoga practice typically involves a series of physical postures that are coordinated with full breathing and a mental focus on the present moment. It is a lifelong practice of progressive change and there’s no need to do it all on the first try. There are many modifications available for the physical poses to make them more or less challenging depending on your needs. Remember it is not a competition with others or yourself. Challenge yourself but don’t push too hard – yoga should never be painful. If your breath is affected, it’s a warning to back off a little and reduce the intensity of the pose. Your life will follow the same peace.