Open to All Students
Meditation classes are best received when you continue for 8 consecutive weeks. We welcome you and help you find the perfect Meditation position for your experience.
- TUESDAYS in Bloomfield: 5:15-6:15pm “8 week Beginner Series” Yoga and Meditation. Starts July 9th. Enroll early to save your space.
- WEDNESDAYS in Bloomfield:Every 2nd Wednesday in Bloomfield Sandy is offering a 30 minute Meditation class 10:50am – 11:20. You may attend the 9:30am Gentle Yoga class and pay just $5 extra for this extended relaxation! Drop ins for Meditation only: $10
- FRIDAYS in Bloomfield: Enjoy one of our favorites, “GentleBody/GentleMind“. Gentle, specific movements and techniques (35mins) to assist in mediation (40 mins). Fridays 7pm. $15 drop in or use your discounted pass.
A Special Meditation Events & Programs
“Meditation: Bring It Home”
NEXT SESSION STARTS Thursday Sept 12th.
This course holds the intention of delivering to the student practices and motivation needed to develop a regular meditation practice.
During this 6 Week Course, the student will:
- Learn practical guidelines to begin or deepen their personal mediation practice
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Meditation
- Experience different meditation techniques
- Develop and implement a personal meditation practice plan.
- Overcome Obstacles in Meditation
- Meditation and Daily Life
6 Weeks Starts Sept 12th
$95 – Enroll by September 1. Limited to 12 bodies
About Sandy: Sandy is a certified Meditation Teacher as delivered by Swami Karunananda. Sandy first found Transcendental Meditation with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1973 at the age of 11. It was this period of life that changed the way she saw everything. It has been her path to share with you the peace one can find from Meditation.
“Release Into Peace”
Guided By Sandy Blessings to you…… March 17th 2019 at 6:30pm will be my annual “Release Into Peace” meditation. This year it shall be combined with Restorative Yoga! Each year we gather our pasts, worries, fears, griefs, pains, heartaches and accept and embrace their lessons. Any part of our lives that refuses to be our teacher and instead desires to dim our light shall be released. You will be given an experiential opportunity to celebrate this letting go-ness so that we make room for our own spaciousness. Create synchronicity through mental vibration. Experience is never needed, but a willing heart is. $20 before Feb 10th or $25 drop in. See you then.
On Mindfulness Practices...
So recently was asked….. “what’s all this talk lately about Mindfulness Meditation and Mindfulness in general?” Mindfulness is a technique from the religion – Buddhism. Grounded By Yoga stays with the yogic techniques. This allows us to go deeper, father whereas Mindfulness awareness can keep us in the same groove, just digging deeper awareness, resulting in a place of “stuckville”. The yogic meditation practice goes BEYOND mindfulness/awareness. Let us take you there! Grounded by Yoga remains non-dogmatic – therefore allowing you to choose your desired path to spirit. Yoga Meditation is the art and science of systematically observing, accepting, understanding, and training each of the levels of our being.,such that we may coordinate and integrate those aspects of ourselves and dwell in the direct experience of the center of consciousness. Please Note: Mindfulness practices are not recommended for trauma thrivers.