Know the Mind. Train the Mind. Free the Mind……
200 RYT Meditation & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
“Coming Home” 2020/21
(For your ease, please view from a computer until our new website is complete!)
ADAPTIVE. TRAUMA INFORMED. FOR EVERY-BODY.
Join us for our 15th Teacher Training
A School of the Multi-Dimensional Self
The 200 Hour Meditation & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive program, purpose-built for aspiring teachers and serious students who wish to take their understanding of meditation and yoga to a new level. This is your opportunity to join a spiritual journey that will transform your life. A program designed on personal practice and inquiry, as it was meant to be.
We take a very methodical approach and fuse it with your own inner creativity to access the higher limbs of yoga. This is indeed a Yoga Teacher Training…and we will include all the aspects of yoga in the training that align with Yoga Alliance (Yogic Anatomy, Philosophy, Humanities and Ethics, etc). The difference with this program and Hatha Yoga program is we’ll advance into soft, gentle Restorative postures that advanced yogis and new yogis seek. You will depart with the knowledge and ability to teach to ALL radiant beings.
- FAMILY …our programs create a deep friendship of spiritual family and harmony. Learn with the same small group throughout the entire program.
- LINEAGE… your lead instructor embraces direct lineage to disciple teachings. Learn authentic & effective practices.
- ADAPTIVE… all our programs were the first in the area to incorporate adaptive and trauma informed practices. Learn to teach from a vibrant heart.
- EXPERIENCED.… your lead instructor, Sandy Hicks posses over 45 years of lineage experience and trainings. Learn what works.
- LIFE… we live it, and so can you. Learn how to incorporate your meditation practice into your daily life from a teacher with decades of experience.
- CONNECTION...because learning “online” will limit you. The reason for stress is a sense of separation. Connect with like minds and energy.
- DEMYSTIFY …knowledge of ancient texts, the subtle body and learn to articulate yoga philosophy. Learn non-diluted techniques.
- RESTORE... its time to slow down and be with life. Learn extremely effective Restorative Yoga postures and marry it up with your Meditation practices.
- NAVIGATE …the business of yoga and meditation to attract abundance of heart. Learn to live what you love and love what you live.
- TEACH…the best teacher is one that arrives as an empty vessel. Fill up, and share. You may simply attend for your own knowledge and evolve-ment.
Join us on this transformational journey, as you deepen your personal practice and develop the essential teaching skills to bring the wisdom of Meditation and Restorative Yoga to your community. A full rounded program accredited by National Yoga Alliance
Our unique and in-depth 200 hour Meditation and Restorative Teaching certificate will enhance your personal practice while cultivating essential teaching skills and expert knowledge, so that you can step out and share these practices. (Note: Guided Imagery Meditation is not yogic meditation. We will be learning authentic yogic practices developed for transcendence)
You are eligible to join the Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)
Eligible for our advanced trainings
Invited to our CEU training add-ons
Free lifetime personal mentorship
“When one thought ends, right before the next thought begins,
there is a tiny gap called ‘now.’ Over time we learn to expand that gap.”
– Spring Washam
Seeking Info Session? VISIT HERE
"Sometime prior to my yoga teacher training with Sandy at Grounded by Yoga, I had tremendously high expectations. I know yoga teachers and through their advice concerning their own trainings, and my own research and practice, I knew this was the place to be. You have completely fulfilled my high hopes and I couldn’t be happier with the great deal of knowledge I acquired throughout this training. The width of topics covered including philosophy, anatomy, Sanskrit, asana, assisting, history, business, and much more, were so thoroughly and carefully taught that it actually amazes me how did you effectively be able to do all that to us?? What I came away with most is the wisdom and resources I need to continue to read, learn, and grow, into an experienced yoga teacher. I am extremely happy with this program and feel truly proud to be able to call myself a graduate of this fine school." ~ Jennifer
200RYT Meditation and Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Dates for 2020:
August 10th is official beginning. However, August and September are “Flex Time”- we will embark on pre-reading and general information. You choose the dates! Approximately 20 hours per month Aug & Sept.
Our souls will gather together on:
August 1 – October 1: 20 Hours Online
- General Times: Saturdays are 11:30-8:00pm, Sundays are 11:00 – 7:30pm, Fridays, 5:30-9:00pm Last Weekend Intensive: Extended time required. (Note: 3 of these days require an extra 2 hours before or after for required & fun workshops)
- Notes from the Director: While early in registration, we can shift dates if you have a conflict. Must be agreed with all other registrants. I have personally been in small group trainings (6-12) and large ones (16+). The ability to learn productively, manifest spiritually and deeply bond arrives within a smaller group. Personalized care is key at Grounded by Yoga. Each student grows at their own pace, and this allows for individual attention as needed. You NEED time to practice teaching. I never felt ready to teach from the heart until I experienced a more intimate setting, so this is what we deliver.
- Above schedule not include required flexible practice time, and homework assignments. Our program is fully approved by the Yoga Alliance and is equivalent to over 210 hours.
- Receive 10% off tuition for the next 2 years from date of graduation on our Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- Receive updates (protocols, laws etc) as long as you are Yoga Alliance member (they will contact you directly).
- If you are a teacher at GBY, receive free mentor-ship in any way. Particularly, with therapeutic questions. For details, just ask.
- I will approve your Yoga Alliance Registration for up to 11 months after graduation. After 11 months – a written test is required ($75)
“Grounded by Yoga, created by Sandy Hicks, is a sacred and special space where the practice of authentic yoga is valued and encouraged. I would encourage people to take the program for personal growth to live a balanced, healthy and holistic life or to become someone passionate about maintaining the integrity of a full yoga practice that includes spiritual growth and meditation. Sandy Hicks guides her teacher trainees to teach from the heart and her students to focus internally with love and compassion. For this, and many other reason, the teacher training program at Grounded by Yoga is exceptional. Sandy, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Namaste.” ~ Kathy
“WOW where do I begin? Sandy, you really go above and beyond what I think is expected and it shows! Each one of us experienced a transformation and bond that is just amazing!!! LOVED all the workshops and guest teachers, please tell them how grateful I am to have been in their presence as well as yours and my fellow ‘kulas’! I will be moving out west soon, and what a feeling and joy to know have incredible vast of tools to use to create extraordinary class experiences for people. i can’t thank you enough….I just can’t. ~ Mary
“Dear Sandy, my whole world is brighter, my life is clear, and I feel so complete for the first time in 38 years. I have enjoyed knowing you and the fact that you give mentorship for free indefinitely is a blessing and a generous gift. I may never need it, but the support you offer is a good feeling. Thank you for EVERYTHING, you deserve so much Sandy. Will miss this group and YOU!!!!” ~ Kathy
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SYLLABUS OVER-VIEW
Please view syllabus: CLICK HERE (note: This is not inclusive. Our program includes many experiential components as well. Should you have any questions, please call 585-861-YOGA or sign up for one of our info sessions)
Quizzes are delivered to allow me to help in your growth and understanding and our now required by Yoga Alliance. 80% is required for teaching certificate.
- Receive 10% off tuitions for the next 2 years from graduation date on any Yoga Alliance program we offer.
- Receive updates (protocols, laws etc) as long as you are Yoga Alliance member and signed up for their newsletter.
- If you are a teacher at GBY, receive mentor-ship in any way and especially with therapeutic concerns . I will approve your Yoga Alliance Registration for up to 11 months after graduation. After 11 months – a written test is required ($75)
- CPR and first aid training hours cannot be counted toward satisfying the minimum YTT curriculum hours or Continuing Education Contact Hours. Yoga Alliance suggests CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and first aid training for all RYT’s
Love from Grounded by Yoga's Alumni
"As the year comes to a close, I've been reflecting a lot. I am grateful to have completed my training this year and to be teaching (I love it so much). The experience has been life changing. But I am so very grateful to have met you. Your spirit, kindness, generosity and love has inspired me in so many ways. Thank you for being such an amazing person in my life"
"Wonderful experience. I learned more than I ever expected to and I feel fully prepared and excited to teach."
"After the training, I felt very close with everybody in different ways. I think everyone shared bonds with each other. We cried, laughed, and worked hard together.I would recommend this teacher training to anyone who is looking to teach yoga, or just learn and gain experience. Sandy’s training was life changing!"
"Sandy went above and beyond with the training she gives. She takes pride in everything she presents and hands to her students. Everything was well planned and thoroughly explained. Her love for the true wisdom of yoga shines through and I couldn’t have been happier with my choice to complete my training with her. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"
"Grounded by Yoga, created by Sandy Hicks, is a sacred and special space where the practice of authentic yoga is valued and encouraged. I would encourage people to take the program for personal growth to live a balanced, healthy and holistic life or to become someone passionate about maintaining the integrity of a full yoga practice that includes spiritual growth and meditation. Sandy Hicks guides her teacher trainees to teach from the heart and her students to focus internally with love and compassion. For this, and many other reason, the teacher training program at Grounded by Yoga is exceptional. Sandy, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Namaste."
"This was an absolutely awakening and transforming experience. I didn’t necessarily enter this program intending to teach, I thought that I might, but it was more for a deepening of my own practice. I walked away feeling confident in my ability to share this practice with others. Sandy was an amazing teacher and spiritual guide, and I uncovered and learned so much about myself through this process."
“Teacher training was AMAZING! ……Changed my LIFE…helped me HEAL.”
“Thank you Sandy. You have created not only an amazing space to learn knowledge but a space in which to “come home” to reunite as one which we truly are. You are amazing. We are so privileged to be on this journey with you.“
Hi Sandy – I wanted to email and just let you know that the teacher training has been such a great experience for me. Every time we have a training weekend I learn something more about myself – in addition to all we are learning about yoga. And I am honored to be in the company of such a great group of human beings–teacher and fellow students included. II am honored to be in the company of such a great group of human b try every day to be more peaceful – it is hard to break old habits but I am making a conscious effort. I enrolled to deepen my understanding of yoga – and found out early on that there is so much for me to learn – I’d barely scratched the surface! My primary purpose was for personal learning and teaching yoga was not the main goal. I have to share that as we progress I become more interested in entertaining the idea of teaching in some capacity.
"I wanted to just thank you for all the love and peace that you have shared with me through Yoga Teacher Training. I honestly do not know how I would have made it through living here with no family without the family you provided me with. I never knew that yoga would have changed my life like this, nor that I would have found what I had always been looking for: a way to love myself, and find the Divine that I have been searching for. Thank you does not cover the depth of gratitude I have for you, your sacred space, and this life I’ve found." ~ Jessica
Why do I hear your program is unique?
Sandy has deep, extensive lineage based trainings. When you study with someone who has had direct disciple to student trainings, you avoid the high level of dilution that is out there.We offer a unique process from a vast 45 years of experience. As a Jnana yogi, Sandy shares a great amount of “experiential philosophy” which ARE the practices. Trust in the process and you” receive just perfectly. Certified professionals dedicated to each will be part of your training faculty, bringing you authentic delivery and integrity to your curriculum.
You will have plenty of time to do the readings and assignments and most of all, you will reside with a small intimate “family” so each trainee gets adequate time to practice. Her innate ability to personalize thorough this live process is priceless.
Are there any pre-requisites for this Raja Yoga(Meditation) and Restorative Yoga Teacher Training?
A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. Training to be a yoga or meditation teacher requires dedication and faith in the process of yoga and meditation. If you do not have a current practice, but are simply interested in deepening your knowledge, you may apply as well and will receive a special certificate. For teaching certification, you must posses a regular practice before and during the program. (GBY will offer discounted passes if desired). The practice and teaching of yoga demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity. Let’s remember, yoga and meditation was created for the injured body, not the perfect body. In this program, we welcome all bodies, ages, and so on. (min age 18)
I don’t know if I will want to teach yoga, is this the right program for me?
We’ll figure it out together. Many enter yoga trainings with no intention of teaching, for it is an opportunity to deepen and broaden your knowledge and experience yoga in a way you simply cannot do in regular classes. Do I physically need to be able to…. Forget that concern, this program is open to all. The yoga teacher training modules serve to educate health professionals, yoga instructors, yoga students or anyone with an interest in the wisdom of yoga. However, to become a registered teacher with the Yoga Alliance, a regular practice is required. You can decide later, the answer will come to you when it’s ready.
"I have been silent because I am in awe. I cannot bring forward the words to explain how your training has risen mountains above a previous one I did somewhere. I only wish I found you sooner. I owe my peace to you and all of the group. What a journey, my life is changed." ~ NG
Yoga Teacher Training Tuition
Tuition Paid in Full by:
$2775 December 31st, 2019
$2875 January 20, 2020
$2975 February 20, 2020
$3075 March 20, 2020
$3175 April 20th, 2020
$3275 May 20th, 2020
$3375 After May 20th, 2020
- Payment Plans: At full tuition price of $3375 plus monthly statement fee $10. 60% of tuition must be paid by August 1st, 2020. Update: We will only be able to accept 1-2 students on a payment plan. Our greatest apologies. At the time of application, $500 deposit and $95 application fee required. If by chance is application is not approved, your $500 deposit will be refunded.Feel free to call if you have any pre-application concerns!
- Terms of Agreement/Refund Policy must be reviewed and agreed upon.
- Student additional costs: Some books (approx 175), Workshops (approx $25-$30 total), Continuation of your regular practice Yoga Alliance certificate (45, if desired and is payable 6 weeks prior to graduation)
- Seeking to compliment a previous 200 RYT training you may have had or qualify for a partial scholarship? Please contact us after May 20th for details. One each will be distributed and based on a first come first serve approval basis. Note: misused scholarships will be voided and collectible.
- All applications will be responded to within 24-72 hours of required items submitted. Thank you trusting your new beginnings with us, we look forward to guiding you.
- This training is limited to a small group of students. This enables personal guidance, a warm welcoming experience and no one getting lost in the shuffle
- Application and Payment: Click Here. You may submit online or email us for a printable one to mail through post office.
- Refund Policy Timely refunds have a $450 admin fee. No refunds within 45 days of program start or 30 days after Application & Deposit. The application process will require you to review and accept refund/graduation policy. Click fro complete details.